- Robots in both physical and electronic forms will become integrated into our society.
- Robots will express functional emotions and reasoning.
- Advanced robots-androids-will appear similar to human beings and fill roles in commerce, community, and government.
- Robotic efficiency and precision will transform manufacturing, medicine, space travel, research, and industry and displace skilled human labor.
- The robotics industry will become a multi-billion dollar global business, spawning many new careers and business opportunities.
- Human beings will adopt robotic human enhancements to achieve superhuman capabilities.
- Cyborgs-part human, part robot-will develop skills superior to natural humans to meet the demand of specialized jobs.
- We will encounter serious ethical, security, and social issues due to our robotic creations.
- Robots will provide convenience, safety, and productivity that will benefit humanity and profoundly impact lifestyles.
- Androids will achieve a basic level of self-awareness.
The Top Ten Robotic Trends for the 21st Century