Source: allthingschristmas.com | The National Christmas Tree Association suggests that this season, "36 million U.S. families plan to focus their holiday traditions around a real Christmas tree". ..""about 23 percent of the consumers will purchase their trees from a 'Christmas tree farm' while about 62 percent will buy trees from a retail lot."
Favorite Christmas Tree in US
1. Fraser Fir - needles are silvery-green and soft to the touch.
2. Douglas Fir -deep green in color and has unusually lovely branch shape.
3. Balsam Fir - beautiful dark-green color with airy, flexible branches.
4. Colorado Blue Spruce - nice pyramidal shape with strong limbs.
5. Scotch Pine - needles can be sharp as pins, but it resists drying
6. White Spruce - narrow conic in young trees.
7. White Pine - used in garlands, wreaths due to their long, feathery, soft needles.
8. White Fir -good foliage color, a pleasing natural shape and aroma
9 . Virginia Pine - yellow-green needles are paired in fascicles and are often twisted.
10 . Eastern Red Cedar - The fine-grained, soft brittle pinkish red to brownish red heartwood is fragrant, very light and very durable.
Ten Reasons why a Christmas Tree is Better Than a Man (for adults)
10. A Christmas tree smells better
9. A Christmas tree requires very little maintenance, just a little water, and they're happy.
8. A Christmas tree takes up less room.
7. A Christmas tree doesn't invite all of it's friends over for you to feed, while they sit around watching football.
6. A Christmas tree doesn't get mad if you break one of its balls
5. A Christmas tree adds charm to the home
4. A Christmas tree never whines.
3. A Christmas tree doesn't care if your hair is a mess, and you don't feel like putting on your make-up.
2. A Christmas tree won't eat the last cookie.
1. They give you a warm feeling with out asking anything in return.
Top Ten Reasons why Christmas trees are better than women (for adults)
10. A Christmas tree doesn't care how many other Christmas trees you have
had in the past.
9. Christmas trees don't get mad if you use exotic electrical devices.
8. A Christmas tree doesn't care if you have an artificial one in the closet.
7. A Christmas tree doesn't get mad if you break one of its balls.
6. You can feel a Christmas tree before you take it home.
5. A Christmas tree doesn't get mad if you look up underneath it.
4. When you are done with a Christmas tree you can throw it on the curb
and have it hauled away.
3. A Christmas tree doesn't get jealous around other Christmas trees.
2. A Christmas tree doesn't care if you watch football all day.
1. A Christmas tree doesn't get mad if you tie it up and throw it in the
back of your pickup truck.
Top Ten Signs It's Time to Take Down Your Christmas Tree
10. It has eaten the cat.
9. The squirrels living in the tree are starting to drop off from old age.
8. It has branched out and now covers most of the living room.
7. You're missing furniture, and your tree is unusually healthy.
6. No matter how may times you turn off the garage light your electric bill is still high.
5. You're afraid the Trick or Treaters will see the lights, assume you're home and demand candy.
4. The squirrels living in your tree have started to take it down for you.
3. The room is too crowded between your tree from this year and the one from last year.
2. Two words...tinsel rust.