- Electronic education via the Net will enable interconnected learning experiences, choices, and opportunities for billions worldwide.
- Educational content will be delivered by new computer, interactive TV, satellite, and Internet technologies in the new millennium.
- Interactive online multimedia and multidimensional content will revolutionize learning.
- Self-paced, self-directed individualized virtual learning will dominate business training.
- Students and teachers will prefer on-demand virtual learning to traditional school programs
- Corporations will prefer Net-based training where workers can learn at their own pace.
- Virtual Reality scenarios that depict real-world and fantasy experiences will increase the learning impact for all types of education.
- Real-time Net chats with other global learners will make virtual education a satisfying social experience beyond the limits of time and distance.
- Teachbots-smart agents-will transform education, providing personalized guidance when and where people need it.
- People will learn to design their own electronic learning programs, which will increase their understanding, skills, creativity, and career choices.
The Top Ten Electronic Education Trends for the 21st Century