- Most hospitals, clinics, trauma centers, physicians, and patients will be connected to one large health care knowledge network enabling access to medical information, drug interactions and interventions.
- Consumer health information that is accessible over a variety of electronic platforms over the Internet, digital TV and wireless will become in demand worldwide.
- The medical industry will face ethical and social dilemmas over the proper management of patient genomic information.
- Health care professionals, available via remote Internet connections, will provide more access to health services as we move towards tele-health care.
- Medicalbots, nonhuman intelligence agents, will dispense medical care to patients and doctors worldwide over a smart health care architecture.
- Advanced nanotechnology, the manipulation of matter at the atomic level, molecular biology and post-genomic medicine will eliminate many diseases, accelerate healing, and increase longevity.
- Health, lifestyle and performance enhancement will be the largest global market for the pharmaceutical industry.
- A new generation of smart drugs, implants, and medical devices will enhance our health, disease prevention and longevity.
- In Silico virtual simulations will become essential to medical training, drug discovery and life science development.
- Personalized health care that is customized for us-designed to monitor, diagnose, treat, educate, and intervene -will transform medicine.
The Top Ten Health Care Trends Impacting the Pharmaceutical Industry in the 21st Century